tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 09 11:30:42 2005

Re: Sa'HutwIj [HI/yI]chop

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, QeS lagh wrote:
> jIghItlhpu':
> >Not quite. {Sa'HutwIj HIchop} is grammatical, but it doesn't mean "bite my
> >bottom". There would be a direct object {Sa'Hut} and an indirect object
> >{jIHvaD}.
>
> jang Paul:
> >There is no indirect object in the English "Bite my bottom".
>
> 'e' vISovchu'. But there *is* an indirect object in the Klingon phrase
> {Sa'HutwIj HIchop}, which is why {Sa'HutwIj HIchop} does not mean only "bite
> my bottom".

I gotcha.  I misunderstood what your point was.  I completely agree with
everything else.

...Paul

     ** Read my Blog:  http://www.bloglines.com/blog/CryoMax **
      "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"

Back to archive top level