tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 10:44:31 2005

RE: translation help

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> >**yeSuS 'IHrIStoS is what was used in the translation of Mark,
> >and has sense been used elsewhere as well, I may change it later on.
>
> A loan from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English to Klingon... :) I'd still

> try to go back to the source with (yeSuwa') or something like that, but
> that's just my opinion, and there's obviously no Klingon word *{yeSuS} to
be
> confused with. All that also applies to {'IHrIStoS}.

Even before seeing this reply I was going to give a similar response.
If one was going to change the J to a y to make it more original, I would
suggest also changing the ending S.

DloraH

Back to archive top level