tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 02 10:10:55 2005

Re: Pronounciation of " Qapla' "

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:05:11 EST hat <[email protected]>
geschrieben:

> So I think {Qap-la'} is pronounced differently from {Qa-pla'}.
I agree.
And I guess terrans tend to misprounounce it because they are not used to
have a pause between p and l. For instance, "deep lawyers" might sound like
"deployers".

> other hand, since Klingon  has no initial consonant clusters, there's no
> way to tell what {Qa-pla'} might sound like when spoken by a native
> Klingon.

A klingon would say /Qa-pala/ or so, adding a vowel somewhere.
{pla} is as difficult for a klingon as is {mwpa} for you.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level