tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 05 14:59:42 2005

Re: live richly

QeS la' ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten, ja':
>       je''eghmeH yIyIn!
>       Live to enrich yourself!

The general concept is pretty good, but as Voragh said, one should probably
use {bIje''eghmeH} instead of {je''eghmeH}: it is definitely yourself that
you are enriching, so you should say so.

The argument about prefixes with {-meH} clauses has been had (many times!)
before, but I stand firm on my position that {-meH} clauses modifying verbs
should take appropriate pronominal prefixes.

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level