tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 24 11:34:07 2004

KLBC: (?) interrogative suffix on imperatives?

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

I wondered, wether the following constructions would work, maybe even in the
way suggested beneath each example:

?*HurDaq targh yItlhap'a'?
Bring the targ out, will you? / Will you bring the targ out?

?*HurDaq targh yItlhap qar'a'?
Bring the targ out, okay?

I know that normally {HurDaq targh yItlhap!} is absolutely sufficient, but
imagine a stressed {SoSoy} and an obnoxious, lazy {puqloDHom}. Would she
maybe have other possibilities to give the utterance more emphasis (excpting
extra {'e'} constructions)?
And I don't mean stuff like:

DaH HurDaq targh DatlhapqangHa'chugh, ghe''orDaq DaghoSbej 'e' bIHeghDI'!
}}:-)

But the point I really out on is: Can the type-9 interrogative {'a'} be used
on any imperative constructions?
Ferociously wild speculations are as welcome as canonic answers. ;)

Satlho',
-- qIno'rIq

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail