tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 24 08:56:14 2004

Re: De'wI'wIj vIngu'; pagh vIngu''a'? (Re: Skype

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> I take a broad view of the comment "capable of using language":
> It could include an intelligent (i.e., sentient/self-willed) computer.

I notice that a lot of people forget the word "beings".
My dictionary says "beings capable of using language".  That rules out
computers and such.

> not only do I use it for all forms of sentient beings who can (and do)
> use language, but I also use it for all of those beings who belong to
> groups who *normally* or *typically* can speak, thus including deaf/mute
> people, mentally retarded people, babies and infants, the ghosts of
> dead people (but not usually their corpses).

And this is how it is suppose to be used, per a discussion with MO.
(I believe that was in 1998)

DloraH

Back to archive top level