tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 09:40:25 2004

Re: yuch

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

QeS lagh:
>While I don't think there's any canon to support it, using {qIjbogh yuch
>nap} "simple chocolate which is black" seems to be legal as well.

lay'tel SIvten:
> >chaq teHbe' qatlh 'e' DaQub?

QeS lagh:
><Qochbe'bogh <canon>'e' tu'lu'be'> jIjatlh; <teHbe' 'e' vIHar>
>jIjatlhbe'qu'pu'. {{:)
>
>I actually do think this is grammatical Klingon. It doesn't violate any
>rules that we're given in TKD.  There's just no sentence like this in
>Klingon canon, which is the caveat I was giving Senara.

Actually, there is one:

   yIntaHbogh tlhIngan Soj tlhol jablu'DI' tIvqu'lu'
   Klingon food is best when served fresh and live.  (S21)

i.e. {yIntaHbogh Soj tlhol}

So it is legal, even though {qIjbogh yuch nap} feels a bit awkward to me
using two qualities together like this.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons