tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 08 07:33:00 2004

Re: yuch

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Regina:
> >> yuch Seghvam DamuS'a'?
> > HIja'. yuch nap, qIj vImaS.

ngabwI':
>We haven't seen verbs of quality strung together in this way in canon.
>The easiest way to do this is to simply repeat the noun:
>{yuch nap, yuch qIj je vImaS.}

Agreed.  Okrand even does this when using two adverbials in the Hallmark
commercial:

   pIj maSuvpu', batlh maSuvpu' 'ej maQapbejta'!
   In our many battles, we have fought with honor and achieved VICTORY!

Another way is to use {-bogh} with the qualities:

   SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh
   The tea that is {SuD} and light.
   (i.e. a way to refer to a yellowish tinge) KGT

   romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
   Romulan hunter-killer probe  KCD

When used predicatively, you can link two qualities with {'ej}:

   SuD 'ej wov
   (it) is {SuD} and light

   SuD Dargh 'ej wov
   The tea is {SuD} and light. KGT