tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 27 05:11:19 2004

Re: Possessive style

In a message dated 2004-05-26 8:28:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> If you're going to ignore canon and the Klingon way of doing it, then each
> person will simply use his own native sense to determine what he would
> choose.  If you know a person's native language and how it operates in this
> regard, you have likely identified his answer to your question.
>
> SuStel

No, I don't think so.  He wants to know how fluent Klingon speakers deal with
possibly unnecessary possessives.  In this he isn't concerned about canon.
However, those fluent Klingon speakers are probably very concerned about canon,
so the question becomes (possibly) how much influence has canon had over the
native language?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level