tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 26 17:55:08 2004

Re: core semantic case roles: agent, patient, focus

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh David Trimboli <[email protected]>:
> I disagree.  It *does* make sense to say things like {yIDoq}, but we are
> told by Okrand in KGT that Klingon doesn't work that way: it requires
> {yIDoq'eghmoH}.  This is an arbitrary feature of the language, not one that
> is required for it to make sense.

Ok, you say it requires {yIDoq'eghmoH}. My questions are:

Is {yIDoq} grammatically allowable?
What rule does Okrand give us in KGT that tells us that to order someone to
change their colour requires {-eghmoH} on the verb?

I'm just trying to understand the grammar covering these strange orders. :)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level