tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 26 17:00:46 2004

Re: core semantic case roles: agent, patient, focus

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh "...Paul" <[email protected]>:

> What I think is being lost here is that you (and QeS lagh) are analyzing
> the Klingon very precisely, but you are NOT analyzing the *English*
> precisely.

Maybe, but that maybe because the English isn't as important to me as the
Klingon. Part of me doesn't care what the English translation is, simply what
the Klingon means to the person hearing it.

I hope that over time, as I build up more vocab, I can write more and more
without a single English word or concept in my mind. I have to break my mind of
wanting (and needing) to use English. A tlhIngan Hol internal monologue would
be wonderful, but I wonder if it's truely possible.

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level