tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 13 12:13:41 2004

RE: jIqeq

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

qurgh wrote:
> ghItlh "d'Armond Speers, Ph.D." <[email protected]>:
>=20
>> Maybe this is an English-speaker bias, but saying {qepDaq jIjeS} just
>=20
> Part of me wants to read this as "At the meeting, I participate"...
>=20
> Would it be better to say something like {qaStaHvIS qep, jIjeS}
> "While the meeting happens, I participate"?

This seems to me to lose the connection between the meeting and my =
participation.  While the meeting happens, I participate in a party down =
the street.  It seems a roundabout and imprecise way of saying something =
that I would expect to be very simple and direct in Klingon.

> I'm not grammarian but at least this way it avoids the whole "is a =
meeting a
> location?" type problem and you still get to use jeS...

Agreed.

> qurgh

--Holtej

Back to archive top level