tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 08:24:51 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

Teresh000 ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

In a message dated 5/11/2004 8:06:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

> In a message dated 2004-05-11 5:22:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SuStel writes:
>
> > Express the concept.
>
> as always, the question is "how?".  my concepts almost always start out in
> english.  translation of that english is my first attempt
> at "expressing the
> concept".
>
> lay'tel SIvten

One thing I have found as time goes by is that, as I get more
and more comfortable with Klingon grammar, my _English_
thoughts start out closer to what's available in Klingon
(when I'm translating!).  If you could read my mind when I'm
writing Klingon, you'd hear a sort of "pidgin" language:
English words, but with a very Klingon syntax.  I don't often
get caught in the "how would you say this English phrase"
trap, because I've pre-arranged the Klingon equivalent as
I composed the English.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level