tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 19 20:13:18 2004

Re: Rank List

Se'noj le'umaS ([email protected])

> >The rest look pretty good, except for some compound nouns which I'd
> >personally render as noun-noun constructions: {Suybeq} "merchant crew"
>and
> >{Duy'a'pIn} "head ambassador" I would render as {Suy beq} and {Duy'a'
>pIn}
> >respectively. (Anyway, isn't the ambassador *the* authority of a foreign
> >nation? Usually ambassadors work singly.)
>
>mujangqa' Se'noj:
>
> >The Duy'a' pIn would be the guy back on Qo'noS calling the shots, I
>think.
>
>ra'be''a' Qang ra'ghomquv joq?
>Wouldn't the Chancellor or the High Council call the shots?

Well, I meant the one in charge of the Diplomats, just below the
Qang/yejquv.

Also, at the request of the bosses, and with this help in mind, I've
updated/expanded the list somewhat:

tlhIngan Hubbeq (Klingon Defence Forces):

'aj		Admiral
Sa'		General
totlh		Commodore
'ech		Brigadier
HoD		Captain
la'		Commander
Sogh		Lieutentant
lagh		Ensign
ne'		Yeoman
bu'		Sargeant
Da'		Corporal

tlhIngan qum (Klingon Government):

Qang		Chancellor
yejquv 'oSwI'	High Council Representative
boQDu'		Aide-De-Camp

tlhIngan gharwI'pu' (Klingon Diplomats):

Duy'a' pIn	Head Ambassador
Duy'a'		Ambassador
Duy		Emissary
gharwI'		Diplomat
gharmeH qeqwI'	Trainee Diplomat

tlhIngan Suypu' (Klingon Merchants):

yejquv 'oSwI'	High Council Representative
Suy HoD		Merchant Captain
Suy yaS wa'DIch	Merchant First Officer
Suy beq		Merchant Crew

qatlho'