tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 20:07:39 2004

Re: Couple of translations needed

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

Beth Baisch, the tuftedpuffin:
>I lent my Klingon Dictionary to someone so can't get these myself at the
>moment...and need then quick!

>"Ask another question" and "Leave me alone"

Context is everything.  There are different ways I can think of
to translate these depending on the meaning you want.  Others
will likely think of more.

For "Ask another question", you could try:

   <HIyu'qa'!> "Interrogate me again!"
   <jIHvaD yIghelqa'!> "Ask me a question again!"

For "Leave me alone", depending on the context, you could try:

1) <HInuQQo'!> "Don't annoy/bother me!"
   This is probably what you want if you mean "Leave me alone!" in
   the sense of "stop bothering me!"

   Some alternatives:
     <HIyIvQo'!> "Don't annoy me!" (slang use of <yIv>)
     <chonuQ 'e' yImev!> "Stop annoying me!"
     <chonuQtaHchugh vaj bIHegh> "If you continue to bother me, you will
die."

2) <jIbwIj vISay'nISmoH!> "I must wash my hair now!"
   From the CK tape, this is said to indicate non-interest in a
   romantic advance.

3) <nIteb jIvangnIS> "I must act alone"
   or <nIteb jISuvnIS> "I must fight alone"
   For the literal sense of "leave me here by myself", these are
   some Klingon-culturally appropriate ways of saying this
   I can think of.

--
De'vID

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium