tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 12 17:11:36 2004

Re: KLBC {chennISmoH}

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: KLBC

> In a message dated 3/12/2004 9:29:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
> However, we know that the words that are listed in TKD as roots + suffixes
> are just that (with the notable exception of {lo'laH}).  So, even though
> {pojwI'} does not indicate that {chenmoHnIS} is an error, we know better.
> yIvoq 'ach yI'ol.
>
> > weQqul
>
> qon Holtej (pojwI' chenmoHwI')
> ok so how would you say this then. " I need to create it"

As Holtej, pagh, and marqoS were kind enough to point out for me, the
correct way to say this is {vIchennISmoH}. It can be confusing, because of
the possible English translations, but it really does become clear in
context most of the time. When it isn't clear, it usually doesn't matter
which translation is used. And if absolutely explicit understanding is
desired, you can always recast to multiple sentences.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/