tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 12 06:25:12 2004

RE: KLBC

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

weQqul wrote:

> I have a question..again i am confused.
> vIchenmoHnIS: gives 2 different meanings...
> V: vIchenmoHnIS: I cause him/her/it/them to need to build up, take form (1
errors 0.50)
> V: vIchenmoHnIS: I need to form, make, create him/her/it/them

For clarity, weQqul is here referring to {pojwI'}.

> ok on the one that saiderrors it says that suffix order is
> incorrect, but for
> the second meaning it says nothing about the order. i understand
> this to mean
> that there are 2 words meanings here. one is chen and one is
> chenmoH. so does
> this mean that if you use this to mean: V: vIchenmoHnIS: I need to
> form, make, create him/her/it/them this is correct but if you want it
> to mean :V: vIchenmoHnIS: I cause him/her/it/them to need to build
> up, take form (1 errors 0.50)
> then it would be wrong and have to be written vIchennISmoH? i am
> really confused here.

All this means is that {pojwI'} found {chenmoH} in its lexicon, and so as
far as it knows it's a complete root.  Adding the suffix {-nIS} to this root
is not perceived by {pojwI'} to be an error.

However, we know that the words that are listed in TKD as roots + suffixes
are just that (with the notable exception of {lo'laH}).  So, even though
{pojwI'} does not indicate that {chenmoHnIS} is an error, we know better.

yIvoq 'ach yI'ol.

> weQqul

--Holtej (pojwI' chenmoHwI')
---