tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 10 14:59:43 2004

Re: unanalyzable words in tkd

A4773492 ([email protected])

qon De'vID

nov wamwI':
>agar mein pagal hum, tum janti ho kiun!

tlhIngan Hol yIlo'!  Dochvam Dajatlhpu'bogh vImugh:

<toH, jImaw'qu',
'e' DaSovchu'!>

weQqul:
>jhoot na bolo, bhai! tumne kawnse khof
>hey? koi nahin tumse khana kar sake

vImughtaH:
<yInepQo', loDnI'!  mubelHa'moH 'Iv?  pagh DaSoplaH.>

chaq jIQagh.  "khof" vIyajchu'be'.  <belmoH> 'oS 'e' vIHar.
'ej ghaytan mu'tlhegh Qav vImughDI' jIQaghqu'.  ben *urDu
Hol vIghojmeH mughojmoH *paqIStan-ngan jupwI', 'ach DaHjaj
HochHom vIlIj, vIqeqmeH 'eb vIghajbe'mo'.

You are right. Your translation is incorrect and not just the"Khof"  part
either. If you are going to translate something someone else wrote, then you
should at least do it correctly. We were just joking, but since this seems to have
upset you quite considerably, I will translate it for you.
>agar mein pagal hum, tum janti ho kiun! If I am nuts, then you know why.

jhoot na bolo, bhai! tumne kawnse khof hey? Don't lie, brother. Who are you
afraid of?

koi nahin tumse khana kar sake. No one is going to eat you. This is an idiom.
In other words, it doesn't mean literally what it says. It means that  no
harm will come to me.

 As I said, we were just joking and had I known someone would make such a big
fuss over it, I would not have done it. I noticed that you picked and chose
which part to translate. If you were going to translate, then why didn't you
translate all of it or was that your intention? She posted in Urdu, so I
answered in Urdu.  Please accept our apologies. We will be careful not to do this in
the future.

Qapla'

nov wamwI'
03/10/2004 17:58 (Local Time)