tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 10 14:50:19 2004

Re: unanalyzable words in tkd

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

nov wamwI':
>toDuj Daghaj'a'? or should I say : yoHwI' SoH'a'?  Anyone???

Klingon is very verb-centric (unlike English, which is very
noun-centric).  Most of the time when one says <V-wI' P>,
where V is a verb and P is a pronoun, it's better to say
<pV> where p is the prefix corresponding to the pronoun.

So for <yoHwI' SoH'a'> I would say <bIyoH'a'>.

Actually, for expressing this sentiment I rather like General
Chang's line from ST:VI, which I believe was <bISuDrup'a'>,
meaning "Are you ready to take a risk?"  (<SuD> = "gamble,
take a chance, take a risk".)

--
De'vID

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*