tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 09 05:10:19 2004

RE: if not {pemHov},...

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

<snip>
> Quvar.
> NB: theoretical! Klingon ethymology based on my Klingon imagination.

'e' DaQub'a'?

Klingons must have had some form of Astronomy otherwise they wouldn't know
which star Kahless pointed to when he was leaving Qo'noS. After that point
that star would have spiritual meaning to the Klingon people so they would
have been looking up quite a bit.

Qo'noS also has a large amount of water and Klingons used to sail. The
number 1 way to navigate water at night is by the stars. From a purely
practical note they must have looked up and labeled what was up there.

I also think, don't quote me though, that there is information somewhere on
the names of some Klingon constellations.

Now I'm pretty sure Klingons wouldn't have a form of Astrology though.

qurgh
teH pagh. Hoch chaw'lu'.

Back to archive top level