tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 08 10:40:07 2004

RE: Welsh National Anthem (KLBC?)

avarQ, son of gharan ([email protected])

Ha... And that was the exact OPPOSITE of my interpretation of -taH...
Funny how that works, eh?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Scott Willis
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 12:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Welsh National Anthem (KLBC?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "avarQ, son of gharan" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 10:55 AM

> Ok great thanks!

qay'be'

 >Another suggestion: use {matlh} "to be loyal"), instead of {voq}:
> {puHwIjvaD >jImatlh} "I am loyal to my land."
>
> Would I not want to add -taH to the end of that to indicate that I
> continue to be loyal?

Sure you could. I left it out because when someone says {jImatlh} "I am
loyal", I take it as a statement of that person's general character.
With {jImatlhtaH}, I take it to mean that at this moment, the person is
being loyal, but that may change.

Just my opinion. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. }}: )

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/