tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 01 13:23:00 2004

Re: The specifics of indefinites

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

qon QeS lagh:
>>It's just that I have seen <'e' Sovlu'> or the like crop up so many times
>>in my personal writing.  Errors of grammar like these are part of my
>>Klingon, and I am doing my best to eradicate them one by annoying little
>>one. :)

qon Voragh:
>We have only one example of {Sovlu'}:
>
>    De' lI' Sovlu'DI' chaq Do'Ha'.
>    Knowledge of useful information may be unfortunate. PK
>
>Note that it is not used with {net} or {'e'}.  That usage arose long ago on
>this mailing list and was passed on from one poster to another.  Many of us
>think that it is unnecessary.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here, but why would one
be expecting <net> or <'e'> in the above sentence?  <De' lI'>
is a noun, so the fact that <Sov> is used here without <net>
or <'e'> isn't surprising.

--
De'vID