tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 28 10:07:45 2004

RE: two rovers on one verb

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 10:03 AM 6/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>SuStel:
> >So far, we've only seen rovers on verbs that are modifying nouns
> >adjectivally.  Examples:

Voragh:
>Not correct.  Rovers also appear on action verbs.  E.g.:
>
>    yIHaDqu'
>    Study him well. TKD

I think what SuStel meant was "So far, we've seen only rovers [and not verb
suffixes of type 1-9] on verbs that are modifying nouns adjectivally."
i.e., we have not seen examples such as *{tlhIngan ghunglaw'} "the
apparently hungry Klingon" or *{Duj ngaDbeH} "The ready-to-be-stable vessel"

- taD

Back to archive top level