tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 15:49:35 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {rup}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

>Quvar asks:

Voragh:
>for "tax collector, publican". )  Similar verbs include {ghaq} "contribute"
>and {nob} give".

opposite verb, you mean.

   {DurupDI' qum vaj yIDIl!}
Is this the "correct" use, or do we just not know (because "fine, tax" is too vague)?

Actually, HomDoq - thanks by the way - has already given me a good german translation. And you
know, {yIvoq 'ach yI'ol}  ;-)

>There is no known noun, but you might be able to use {van} "tribute" or

isn't van a "tribute" in the sense of an award, not a payment?

Quvar.
aka Lieven.

Back to archive top level