tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 11:39:38 2004

"ser" and "estar" (to be)

chepqu' ([email protected])

Klingon pronoun-verbs used for "to be", as I have understood it, mean exactly the same as in English. ...Or, is there a difference? For example, in Spanish, there are two verbs that can be used as a Spanish translation of "to be"; "ser" and "estar". I'm not a Spanish grammarian but a native speaker, and I generally use "estar" with a temporary meaning while "ser" is permanent (can have different meanings than these ones). Is there any difference in Klingon too? or do they (the pronoun-verbs) mean exactly what "to be" means?

Back to archive top level