tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 11:22:28 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {luH}

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) wrote:
> {luH} is listed as "intestine"
>
> When I looked up "intestine", there where two ways to translate to
> german 1- Darm - which is the 20 ft long pipe in your belly where the
> food is transported
> or
> 2- Eingeweide - this is the summary of all the pieces that you can
> find inside your belly

This is by no means authoritative, but I have always thought of {luH} in the
former sense (the 20ft long pipe).  A general desription for "organs in your
belly" would be "guts" or "bowels."

> Quvar.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level