tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 21:18:31 2004

Re: Kolos

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Einfeldt" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Kolos

> At this point, I have conflicting information from experienced
> Klingonists as to which would be better: qo'loS or qoloS.  I
> appreciate any and all tips to clarify.
>
> qo'loS

Just my opinion:
I like {qo'loS} better. When I say {qoloS}, I place the stress on the second
syllable. With the glottal stop, I want to shift the stress to the first
syllable, which, to my ear, at least, more closely matches the way it was
spoken by Kolos himself.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute