tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 27 21:44:51 2004

Re: ST6 and {pagh}

Dar'Qang ([email protected])

At 06:04 PM 8/24/2004, lay'SIv wrote:
>In a message dated 2004-08-24 10:36:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[email protected] writes:
>

> > Since you've listened to the scene a few times, any guess as to what Grokh
> > is saying after {Qo'}?  I could only make out three of his mumbled words.
> >

>Grokh:   Qo'!  pe'vIl DIHIvlaH, <kapla> tlhob <be---HaH >.    (???)
>           (We can take whole by force, what they propose to divide.)
>
>With underscores for stress, this sounds to me like: ko! wepla pevil uhkapla
>owiHaHa (this last 'word' sounds a dog shaking its jowls;

choHaghmoH!

>  the consonants and
>vowels I chose are fairly arbitrary).  I interpret these sounds as something
>like:  Qo'!  weplaH pe'vIl DItlhaplaH ....
>I have no idea what the {weplaH} might be.

This is an intriguing puzzle.  The other Klingon lines are pretty well
spoken, good tlhIngan Hol lines with a strong relationship to the
subtitles.  It's reasonable to expect that this line is the same.

I listened to the Grokh line several more times based on your description
above, and what I hear is very similar:

"ko noytlah pevil kuhpla hohwihlaha"

one possibility that I came up with is:

{qo' nuwavlaH, pe'vIl wItlhaplaH! qo' wIwavHa'!}

"a world they can devide, we can take by force! we will make whole [said]
world!"

Not 100% satisfying, but might be a starting point for someone to take further.

Dar'Qang
qo''a'lIj DachenmoHtaH

Back to archive top level