tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 23 15:21:14 2004

Re: ST6 and {pagh}

lay'tel SIvten:

>I no longer have any problem with {pagh} being appropriate in the ST6 line
>about attacking vs. subjugation.  (Although I listened to that line several
>times yesterday, and I heard (and fairly clearly) only {DIHIvbej qo'chajDaq
>toy'wI''a' DImoj.})

That's what I heard.  I only inserted [pagh] in order to match the subtitle.

IIRC this was the only Klingon line spoken by this actor, so we can't
compare it to his other lines, but I was wondering whether we couldn't have
our blood pie and eat it too?  Could we be hearing:

   DIHIvbe'ch[ugh] qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a' DImoj.

i.e. /dee-HEEV-bech/ - with an unpronounced /'/ and a dropped or swallowed
/ugh/?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons