tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 23 02:23:44 2004

Re: Mailing list search function // WIKI commands

christoph.pichlmann ([email protected])

From: Philip Newton <[email protected]>

>Which is probably why WikiMarkup is *not* like that - because not
>everyone knows (or wants to know) HTML.
No need to know HTML - memorizing that "b" is for "bold", "i" for
"italic" and "u" would be "underlined" is enough. Not too hard, is it?

>I confess that I haven't look on the tlhIngan Hol Wiki for a while but
>I presume they use the "normal" method of ''double apostrophes'' for
>italics and '''triple apostrophes''' for bold - which is intended to
>be easier to read in the source and easier to write
It is? Honestly, I thought it was to made it almost impossible to
understand it.

>without having to
>learn tags such as [b] or [i]
Well, they're not that hard to learn, are they?

>(which are, by the way, also a pain in
>the behind to type on a German keyboard due to their use of AltGr).
I'm not having much trouble with them. It took some time getting used
to it, granted, but now I feel more confident(and am faster) typing
[b]bold[/b] than '''bold''' . It's easier to read too, IMO.

Christoph

Back to archive top level