tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 23 01:39:03 2004

Re: Mailing list search function // WIKI commands

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:09:12 +0200, christoph.pichlmann
<[email protected]> wrote:
> should be:
> "(square bracket open) b (square bracket closed) italic text (square
> bracket open) (slash) b (square bracket closed)" .

That is, [i]italic text[/i].

> While that is more to write, it's easier to understand IMO - it's just
> like HTML.

Which is probably why WikiMarkup is *not* like that - because not
everyone knows (or wants to know) HTML.

I confess that I haven't look on the tlhIngan Hol Wiki for a while but
I presume they use the "normal" method of ''double apostrophes'' for
italics and '''triple apostrophes''' for bold - which is intended to
be easier to read in the source and easier to write without having to
learn tags such as [b] or [i] (which are, by the way, also a pain in
the behind to type on a German keyboard due to their use of AltGr).
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>
HovpoH 2616.80

Back to archive top level