tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 21 13:23:00 2004

Re: Qapla

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Saturday 21 August 2004 04:44, Lady K'Lyssia wrote:
> I hope it's success at least. I asked my husband to check his
> computer the other day for virus' and he told me it was clean
> (after he had problems even calling up his virus scan) I noted
> that the recent emails to the list have been sent when his
> computer online - so I got on it today and reloaded McAfee from
> their site - after running it myself I found over 200 files with
> Bagle infecting them. Since we share an in home wireless network,
> between the computers I think that's how his machine was using my
> email address to annoy the list.

Try using a cheapo Linux computer to go on line.  Linux doesn't get
Microsoft viruses.  If you ask around, you'll probably find that a
friend of yours is getting ready to throw away an older computer,
and those old computers make great Net surfers when you install
Linux, and Linux is so easy to install these days, even for simple
end users like me.

> Crossing fingers that takes care of this problem. If not C4 may
> be my next option for all of the computers in the house.

What is C4?

> Carol (Lady K'Lyssia) Hightshoe
> www.wolfsingerpubs.com
> www.klyssia.com
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/klyssia/
> Don't Write What You Know; Write What You Care About --
> Passionately!

Back to archive top level