tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 06:07:22 2004

Re: Mauk-to'Vor

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:58:10 -0500 hat Steven Boozer
<[email protected]> geschrieben:

> Here's the definition that appeared in the glossary:

Is this the same book where *Suto'vo'qor* is listed?

> {ma' to'vor}  Mauk-to'Vor, a death ritual that allows one who has lost
> honor to die well and go to Sto-Vo-Kor by being honorably killed by a
> House-mate or someone equally close."

... using a {ma'veq}.

Is that {ma' to'vor} spelled one or two words? Do'Ha', unfortunately this
is a mistake that happens way too often, to find spaces in tlh Ingan long
words.

> The fact that there's no /q/ leads me to suspect that this is, in fact,
> Okrand's own spelling for Mauk-to'Var.

and parallel to:
    {ma'veq} n. "M'vek" (ceremonial knife used in the ritual of "Mauk
To'Vor").

Quvar.
qepHom.de

Back to archive top level