tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 24 16:48:29 2003

RE: (KLBC) Is this right?

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> > > I like it because someone
> > > who isn't *continuously* patient simply isn't patient.
> >
> >With this explanation, we would never see tuv by itself; we
> >would always see tuvtaH.
>
> Not necessarily, although we've never seen Okrand use either form.  The
> only example of any type of patience we've seen used in canon is the
> antonym {boH} "be impatient":
[examples]
> I can see {tuv} being used without {-taH}:
[examples]
> or with {-taH}:
[examples]

I have no problem with tuv being used with or without -taH.  I believe there
are certainly valid uses for both.  I was just pointing out that the way
those quotes were written ("someone who isn't *continuously* patient simply
isn't patient." sounds like they would never use tuv without -taH.

DloraH

Back to archive top level