tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 21 23:14:03 2003

Re: Benjamin Franklin

ja' [email protected]:
>The cover of the latest HolQeD (12,3) has a picture of "Benjamin
>Franklin" (putting an even greater strain on Hodgkins's Law of Parallel
>Planet Development) writing something.  I can make out some of the
>words;
>
>1st line - tlhIng,  (possibly the first three letters of Klingon)

That's what I see.

>2nd line - may,  be fair

Take a closer look at that last letter. It's {H}, not {y}.

>3rd line - qun, history or to scold

Yep.

>			and something with an "r" in it

I think you're misreading {o}.  The word I see is {qon}.

>4th line - charghwI', conqueror or victor

Yep.

>I tried to look up a Franklin quote containing those words (except
>Klingon) and drew a blank.

Try instead looking it up in _The Klingon Way_. :-)

>Any one else have any ideas?  I suppose Sam Thorp knows.

And everyone else who pored over the picture at qep'a' this year.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level