tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 12:22:05 2003

Re: KLBC: Sun Tzu's "Art of War"

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am 03.10.2003 23:54:32, schrieb "Captain Haddock" <[email protected]>:

Greetings! I am Quvar, and since you've been lurking for a while, I suppose you know I am, and
how to use the letters "KLBC".
When you add KLBC, it's my job to corrrect your grammar. It would be nice if you could an english
translation, so that I can see that you translated what you wanted to translate.

>QI' to'
"tactics of the military"

>Sunchu' qon

"he recorded the new discipline"
I suppose this *Sunchu'* is a name, then you should pay attention to the word order:
  {qon *Sunchu'}

Please mark names like these, otherwise there might be some beginners having trouble finding the
right translation.

>nabmeH mIw

"planning process"

>wo'vaD potlhqu' QI' to'
"tactics of the military are very important for the empire."

>yIn, Hegh joq wuqlaHbej,

I suggest using {ghap} "either/or", because you can choose only one of those, but not both.

>yay He, QIH He ghap wIvlaHchu'.

Without a translation, it's hard to correct your sentences, I'll just try to correct grammar, if possible.

>vagh Dochmey pabqu' veS to', not choH Dochmeyvam.
{Doch} is the good word if you are talking about real "things", but not about "ideas" (as when you
say "there are two things that bother me...")

>che'ronDaq Dotlh Daperchu' 'e' DanIDtaHvIS 'ej
>bInabtaHvIS, Dochmeyvam yIbuS

plural-prefix: {Dochmeyvam tIbuS}

>luperlu':  (wa') mIw'a'  (cha') chal (wej) tera'

you know that {tera'} is the name of a planet, it's not "earth" opposed to "sky".

>ram pem je, Hat bIr, Hat tuj je, poHHom poH'a' je 'oS chal

that's a typical terran writing style: "A and B, C and D, ..."

>vagh qechmeyvam yajchu'nIS

suffix order: v-3-6 {yajnISchu'}

-----
This was a big job, and you didn't do too many mistakes. How long have you been lurking on this
list already? You sho us more of this! But next time, add an english translation.

Quvar.
Beginners' Grammarian.

Back to archive top level