tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 02:58:13 2003

Re: reading?

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

>>Quvar, in what sense can you read russian if you still don't know what you're
>>reading?

I can read the russian *writing*, the letters; I know that MOCKBA is pronounced "mozkva" (and I
know that it means "Moscow"). I've seen this on the sojus-rocket: CCCP is not "see-see-see-pee", but
"ess-ess-ess-ar" = SSSR.
Like this, I can *read* the words, but I don't know their meaning.

So, I wanted to make the difference clear between *reading* Klingon, and *speaking* Klingon.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level