tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 02 16:48:02 2003

Re: pronunciation vs. comprehension

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>

> In a message dated 2003-10-02 2:03:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> being able to pronounce the words is not necessary for comprehension, a
fact
> attested to by people who know some words only from print.
> SIvten

I understand the arguement as far as comprehension of the spoken word
against being able to read and hopefully understand the written word. But
surely you must say something in your own head when you read so why not
think with the correct pronunciation or as near as you can get anyway.
Personally I think it's easier to pronounce tlhIngan Hol correctly in my
head than it is in practice.. But practice I will.

qe'San

Back to archive top level