tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 29 21:04:40 2003

Klingon localization for OpenOffice.org

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

Hi,

The localization of Klingon for OpenOffice.org (OOo) has begun!  We
need volunteers to translate an initial list of English words into
romanized Klingon.  We are not going to start with the Qo'noS fonts
just yet, because we thought that it might be easier to get the
project off and rolling with the romanized font that is used every day
on this tIhlingon-Hol list.

This is a huge undertaking, and so we are going around to Klingonists
and asking them to participate by taking a few words and translating
those words.  We are hoping that the ability to share documents
localized to Klingon through a widely used, mature office suite used
by 35 million users world wide will proliferate the use of Klingon.
Thanks for your consideration of our request.

If you are interested in looking at the list of words that need to be
translated, you can go to the site below.

http://l10n.openoffice.org/localization/OpenOffice_Glossary.html

That list is huge, so at this time, we are sending it in the smallest
format, which just happens to be an OpenOffice format.  It currently
is 7 mb, and we can format it as a .xls format, but then it will be
about 14 mb.  If you want to, you can download the OpenOffice suite
for free.  It will always be free.  Here is the OpenOffice format:

http://pathtech.org/openoffice/Klingon_OO_Glossary.sxc

If anyone wants to see the file as an Excel file, I will be glad to
mail it to you.  Thanks again for your consideration of our request.

Back to archive top level