tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 26 11:46:39 2003

KLBC 'ejDo'wIj

Andrew Marrington ([email protected])

A short (and lame) poem about a warrior and his starship!

bathl Dat nuqeng 'ejDo'wIj.
tera' wIpuvlaH qoj vulqan wIlenglaH.
jInepbe': nuloSvIp ngeHbej,
nughuHvIpba'mo' tlhIngan maH!

'ejDo'wIj 'ut law' 'ethlmeymaj 'ut puS:
tera'Daq nuqemlaHbe' 'ethlmeymaj,
vulqanDaq nuqenglaHba'be' SuS!
nIteb yuQmey yotlaHbe' vaj!

DIcharghlaH nuchaw' 'ejDo'.
nuboQ nuHmey 'ej nuQaH toDuj,
'ach may'vo' nu'uch juHqo'
'ej yayvaD nutlhabmoH Duj!

Explanation and intended meaning:

The poem is just a simple rhyme (A-B-A-B-C-D-C-D etc). Its intended meaning
line by line is:

With honour our starship carries us everywhere,
To Earth we can fly or to Vulcan we can travel.
I do not lie: the cosmos waits for us in fear,
It prepares for us obviously in fear - we are Klingons!

(note: I would've liked to have said something more like "It fears us
because we are Klingons", or "It fears us, and well it might, for we are
Klingons")

Our starship is more necessary than our swords:
Our swords cannot bring us to Earth!
A breeze will not carry us to Vulcan!
A warrior cannot conquer planets alone!

We can conquer them because the starship allows us to do so.
Weapons assist us, and bravery helps,
But the Homeworld holds us from battle
And a vessel sets us free for triumph!

(note: I would've preferred to say "for conquest" here, but I couldn't find
an appropriate noun)

pItlh!

ma'Sa

Back to archive top level