tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 22 16:29:42 2003

Re: narghpu' 'eb: "Inventor of Klingon to lecture at MWC"

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Saturday 22 November 2003 09:19, Alan Anderson wrote:
> Mary Washington College-Daq SoQ jatlhpu' Marc Okrand.
>
> http://www.freelancestar.com/News/FLS/2003/112003/11172003/1160934
>
> 'ISqu' qellaw' De':
>
> "When Marc Okrand created the Klingon language for a movie back in
> 1984, he never thought anyone else would use it. But when he met a
> Polish linguistics professor at a conference in Belgium two years
> ago, the only way they could communicate was by speaking his
> invented language."

Very cool!

I'm probably typical of most Trekkors in that I like ST because it
portrays a future of peace and prosperity with justice on earth.  I'm
excited about helping with the localization of Klingon on
OpenOffice.org because of a scenario exactly like that described
above.  I can imagine that as Klingon becomes more popular
internationally, it will be a means of mutual commonality between
different Terran nation-states.  OpenOffice.org can help speed the
growth of Klingon, which is why I am a subscriber to this list.

I think that this story is interesting enough that I am going to post
it on a couple of the OpenOffice.org lists as well.  I think that
people on both lists really have a lot in common: bringing diverse
peoples together in mutual respect and interest.

Christian Einfeldt

Back to archive top level