tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 22 18:26:49 2003

Re: [discuss] Hacking OpenOffice.org

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Saturday 22 November 2003 15:10, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Alan Anderson wrote:

snip...

> Most of teh localisation is translation. I have no clue if klingon
> has its own month names etc or what other parts may need changing
> (supporting the private area may need actual code changes to OOo and
> / or ICU).

Yes, I believe that there is a Klingon word for just about everything
one could imagine, although new words are being created all the time.
Marc Okrand, the creator of Klingon, is proud to say that the creation
of new words is one of the hallmarks of a living language.  There is a
Klingon version of Hamlet, for example, and the folks on the KLI
Klingon list ([email protected]) are translating the Tao te Ching
into Klingon.  Or, as the Klingonists put it, the "original" Klingon
versions of Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing have been "restored" to
the "original" Klingon.    ;-)

Read about the Klingon "restoration" projects here:

/stuff/press.html

Also, more Klingon merchandise here:

/stuff/Merchant.html

Join the KLI's Klingon discuss list here:

/tlhIngan-Hol/

Back to archive top level