tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 22 12:29:36 2003

Re: Qo'noS

James Fox-Davis ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Our homeworld is called Earth or Terra, too.  What do we call
our-selves-?  Human.  If you describe yourself to an average person as
"Terran" or "Earthling", he's going to look at you funny.  So, I
suppose, the name "thlIngan" has another origin than the name of the
planet.  For that matter, we know from dialects that there have been
other languages on Qo'noS besides Hol, so perhaps it came from another
linguistic root.

qu'qul

On Nov 22, 2003, at 2:18 AM, Regina Reusser wrote:

>> I believe you left out {taq'ev}, {meqro'vaq}, and
>> {tlhIng yoS}.
>
> "tlhIng yoS"? That brings me to another question: Why are the Klingons
> called Klingons; theyr homeworld is called Qo'noS...
> And which star system does Qo'noS belong to?
>
> Senara

Back to archive top level