tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 18 11:20:21 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: jeD (v)

> > This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Tuesday, November 18, 2003.
> >
> > Klingon word:   jeD
> > Part of Speech: verb
> > Definition:     be thick, dense, viscous
> >
> > Additional Notes:  From PK, KGT.

Tyler:
>As used in canon:
>
>   {'IwwIj jeD law' 'IwlIj jeD puS.}
>   My blood is thicker than yours. (PK)
>
>   {jeD; ghevI' rur}
>   thick as gagh sauce (KGT)
>
>   {chanDoq jeD}
>   thick marinade (KGT)

Here's the full quote (KGT p.26):

   ... in the First City and elsewhere, there is a special word,
   {qettlhup}, for the sauce prepared by thickening {chanDoq}
   (marinade). In some regions, the word {qettlhup} is seldom used;
   {chanDoq jeD} (literally, "thick marinade") is used instead.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level