tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 09:57:34 2003

Re: Hoghvam 'entepray' lutHom: "North Star" {'ev chan Hov}

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Regina Reusser" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Hoghvam 'entepray' lutHom: "North Star" {'ev chan Hov}

> 'ay' Dayajbe'chu'bogh yIngu', 'ej chaq vIQIjchu'.

DaH lut vIlaDqa', 'ej jIyaj law. wa' mu'tlhegh vIyajbe' neH:
... 'ej yuQvam luDanbogh Humanpu'e' lonbe' tera' 'e' luSov 'e' luqotlh 'e'
wuq Archer.

I was afraid this one would cause some confusion...
This is actually four sentences:
"Earth has not abandoned the Humans who occupy this planet. They know it.
They deserve it. Archer decides it."
More naturally:
"Archer decided that the humans who occupy this planet deserve to know that
Earth has not abandoned them."

I don't know if this "stacking" method has any support in canon, but I
remember a Grammarian (Voragh, I believe) advising a beginner to use this
method for a rather complicated translation. IIRC, though, his advice only
went to three sentences (X 'e' X 'e' X). But I feel confident in my usage,
because we know it's OK with 2 sentences ({bIyIntaH 'e' Daqotlhbe'} (PK))
and Voragh advised three, so why not four?

Senara

--ngabwI'
tIq. taQ. tlhIngan tlhaq. HovpoH!
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/