tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 27 11:24:34 2003

Re: SoSwI' vISuchtaHvIS...

From: "Quvar valer (Lieven)" <[email protected]>

> ghel DloraH:
> >>'ach, /leng/ ghoSluH'a'?
>
> jang 'ISqu':
> >chaq qaq <lengchoHpu'>. Qaplaw' je <leng'a' lutaghpu'>
>
> lughchu' 'ISqu' 'e' vIHar.
> jatlhlu'DI' *leng ghoS* vaj DIvI' Hol Dalo': "go on a trip"
> 'ach qechvam DamughDI', tlhIngan wot DaSam: {leng}
>
> I believe that 'ISqu' is right.
> When one says *leng ghoS* then he's thinking english: "go on a trip"
> But when you translate the "idea" of "going on a trip", you get the
klingon verb {leng}

Actually, I was composing directly into Klingon.  I was imagining my
parents' boat traveling across the Atlantic, associating their passage with
/leng/, and then saying they /ghoS/'d it.

My problem was in thinking of /leng/ as the path they're following, not in
making too literal an English translation (I wasn't translating).  I was
imagining the /leng/ laid out before them, and then they /ghoS/'d it.

In fact, I'm not entirely certain that this phrase is incorrect.  When you
/leng/, might not your /He/ also be called your /leng/?

SuStel
Stardate 3402.2

Back to archive top level