tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 17:16:27 2003

Re: Star Trek - Movies (was "RE:Klingon WOTD: qIbHeS (n)")

>> >In Star Trek, we learn that there is an energy barrier surrounding the
>>Milky >Way galaxy. It may be that this barrier is located at the /qIbHeS/.
>>
>>Note that this is not to be confused with another energy barrier called
>>{veH tIn} which in Star Trek V surrounds the planet {QI'tu'} at the center
>>of our galaxy.
>Even though we've known that the center of our galaxy is a collection of
>supermassive black holes, even long before Star Trek V was done. I
>personally don't think Star Trek V should count for anything. Let us blot
>it from our minds and never speak of it again. :P

Damn good suggestion.  i can't stand that movie; even the Klingon in it was
repulsive -- and i don't think that too often.  Not real fond of ST:III
either.  If it hadn't been for the Klingons in that movie.......

Now, ST:VI, on the other hand......
Easily Leonard Nimoy's best performance -- even if you do wnt to go on that
rant about how deplorable the writers were in having Spock 'mind-rape'
Valeris just to get information.  Watching Spock's facial reactions to Kirk
after the meeting with Starfleet and during the dinner with the Klingons was
just divine -- i never get sick of watching Nimoy doing "Spock surprised and
confused about Kirk's reaction".  That was the first time i ever heard the
word "perview" -- and i have actually used it several times in conversation
since, LMAO!!!

David Warner was quite good i thought; he looked great.  i heard that Chris
Plummer actually requested his character to be made bald to add an extra
'edge' to his performance, giving the make-up department another chance to
further develop the spine-forehead thing, and how it actually looks under
all that hair.  Apparently the screws in the eye-patch were his idea as
well; i loved those screws -- putting the little Klingon symbol on them was
a neat touch.  i agreed with Bones' sentiment after a while, though -- "i'd
pay real money if he'd just shut up!!"

--DantlhIgh

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get five times more storage - 10MB
in your Hotmail account. Go to
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au

Back to archive top level