tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 22:49:33 2003

RE: Australia (was "RE: Learning")

jatlh DantlhIgh:

>of Victoria, in the south.  Right in between is New South Wales, capital:
>Sydney -- the only important place in the whole country.  ;)  AND, capital
>of Australia, even though everyone actually says

nobchuqbogh *Queesland* *New South Wales* je bang 'ang qIDvam:
This joke demonstrates that love Queenslanders and New South Welshmen have
for each other:

bIQtIq HeHDaq yIt wej *Australia* ngan: *Victoria* ngan, *New South Wales*
ngan *Queensland* ngan je.
Three Australians are walking along a beach: a Victorian, a New South
Welshman and a Queenslander.

Sech lutu'. luHot 'ej nargh qa'.
They find a lamp. They rub it, and a genie appears.

<<wa' Doch boneHbogh Sanob>> jatlh qa'.
"I'll give you one wish each," says the genie.

<<tlhoy' yIchenmoH>> ja' *Victoria* ngan. <<*Victoria* DechmeH yIlo'; wa'
qelI'qam tlhoy' yIchenmoH! *Victoria* lu'el *New South Wales* nganpu' 'e'
vIbot vIneH!>> <<qaSpu>> ja' qa'.
"Build a wall around Victoria," says the Victorian. "Make it two kilometres
high! I want to stop those New South Welshmen from coming into Victoria."
The genie says, "Done."

<<tlhoy' yIchenmoH 'ej *New South Wales* DechmeH yIlo'>> jatlh *New South
Wales* ngan. <<cha' qelI'qam tlhoy' yIchenmoH! *New South Wales* lu'el
*Queensland* nganpu' 'e' vIbot vIneH!>> <<qaSpu'>> ja' qa'.
"Build a wall around New South Wales!" says the New South Welshman. "Make it
FOUR kilometres high! I want to stop those Queenslanders from coming into
New South Wales!" "Done," says the genie.

<<ngeD Doch vIneHbogh>> jatlh *Queensland* ngan. <<Doch nuq?>> ja' qa'.
"The thing I want is simple," says the Queenslander. "What is it?" the genie
asks.

<<bIQ yIlo' 'ej *New South Wales* ngan tlhoy' yIteb>>
"Fill the New South Welshman's wall with water."

Savan.

QeS lagh

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get larger attachments -
send/receive up to 2MB attachments (up to 100 percent more per e-mail). Go
to  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au

Back to archive top level