tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 23 14:15:39 2003

Re: KLBC: tlhingan Hol vIghojmeH Sajatlh

But not yet in the Wiki page of puns in tlhIngan Hol!  Someone needs to
add the finger-puns (I don't remember the details).

/wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol

The Wiki's there for a reason; go populate it.

~mark

[email protected] wrote:

>>Judging on what I have seen of some recent Klingon words, it would seem that
>>the most neutral vowel in Klingon is probably /I/, as you suggest. The
>>borrowings/puns from English that have been proposed for the following
>>words seem to back this up:
>>
>>DIron:       from English "drone".
>>ghIlaSnoS: from English/Russian "glasnost".
>>vIlInHoD:   from English "Captain Flint".
>>
>>Wherever an English initial consonant cluster occurs, it seems to usually be
>>separated by /I/ in its Klingon form. Can anyone else think of more
>>examples of this occurrence?
>>

>SIq
>
>(This is in the New Words list)
>
>DloraH