tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 17 17:34:00 2003

RE: JangmeH toch De'wI' lo'

"The name was established before I completely knew the KL."  Why use lu' on the first segment, then?  And how do you say "was established" or "knew"?  I ask only because both segments lack the past tense suffix.  Explain your reason, please, and why you would use -lu' (I wouldn't in this case, that's all).

Cheesbro <[email protected]> wrote:> I suppose that makes sense about your name. But I'm having
> trouble translating your second sentence talking about "you
> understood perfectly before the Klingon Language"...or something
> liket that...help me out. It's the syntax of your sentence that
> is throwing me off and the use of -lu'.

> > >It's not Klingon but it appears that way at first glance.
> >
> > pong cherlu' tlhIngan Hol vISovchu'pa'.

Two segments. /pong cherlu'/ and /tlhIngan Hol vISovchu'pa'/.
These can be put together in either order.

pong cherlu', tlhIngan Hol vISovchu'pa'.
tlhIngan Hol vISovchu'pa', pong cherlu'.

"The name was established before I completely knew the klingon language."

DloraH

Glory to you, and to your House.
taHjaj wo'
Qapla'